Made by JBlends.NYC
The climate is changing and the same way we change the way we do our makeup and hair style for the seasons. We should also need to change the way we treat and cleanse our face. What better way than to start with an all-Natural Organic Facial at least once a week.
As a Makeup Artist (more like a makeup fanatic), I love makeup but there is nothing like Natural Beauty. Therefore, it is essential for me to take great care of my face.
Back when I was in school, they taught me how to do facials. I recall the first time we did a facial in class, the next day my face felt horrible – like if it was about to burst! I described my reaction to my professor and she told me, “unfortunately this happens to some of us, which is an allergic reaction from the ingredients and chemicals that is found in the facial product. From there on, I was introduced to a different way to “facial my face” – using fruits and veggies without any chemical products. I couldn’t be any happier because it was all Natural – since then I’ve been hooked!
That being said, I am Super Excited to share with you guys one of my favorite ways to treat my face.
I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!
(Please be mindful that this is completely normal to break-out the next day after a facial. It is part of the cleaning process as the oils and dirt resurface from deep within the skin (which is a good thing). So if you have a date, event or photoshoot, please plan ahead as you may want to give yourself a few days before.)
1 tbsp Brown sugar
4 tbsp Honey (2 tbsp for mask, and 2 tbsp for scrub)
1 cup Oatmeal
¼ cup Milk (add more if needed)
2 round slices of Cucumber
2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
4 tbsp of Distilled Water
1 tsp Coconut oil
- Clean face of makeup residue, dirt and oils. Cleanse with the face soap of your choice with warm water.
- Exfoliate by mixing Brown sugar with Honey, and a bit of water to help with mixing.
- Apply face scrub and press to face. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Then with your fingertips, glide and scrub away with warm water. When done, make sure to towel blot your face until dry.
- Next, to make the mask, we will need a blender (or Nutri- bullet). We will need to puree Banana and Oatmeal with 2 tbsp of Honey together with a bit of Milk *not too much – you want the texture to be thick and creamy.
- Apply face mask. Distribute evenly and let it sit on your face for 15-20 minutes. *Avoiding your eyes.
- To refresh and rejuvenate eyes, apply 2 round slices of cucumber on top of each eye and let it sit along with the mask.
- When your time is up, remove mask with a moist warm cloth and rinse with warm water. (Towel blot till dry.)
- To tone your face, you can use a Toner or Astringent. But for a more natural way, I rather mix 2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar and 4 tbsp of Distilled Water together in a cup. Feel free to play with the ratio of water until you find what works best for you. *If the apple cider vinegar is too much for your skin, add more water and stir well before use.
Toning helps balance and restore your skin’s natural pH and improves your overall:
* Complexion * Evens Out Skin Tone * Lightens Sun and Age Spots * Dissolves Dead Skin *
* Reduces Appearance Of Pores * Can Help Reduce Acne Breakouts and Scarring *
- Apply toner with a cotton ball. Be careful around eye area. Wait a minute or two which allows the toner to penetrate and dries on your skin.
- For our final step, we can moisturize and massage our skin with face cream or a bit of Coconut Oil……and taaadaah baby soft skin.
Ladies, trust me and you’ll see and feel the difference by doing this once a week. Remember, our beauty reflects us in the way we take care of ourselves. If you have any questions, feel free to comment or email me at JBlends.NYC.